Mangos, sweet, juicy, delicious, and full of vitamins and minerals. Here are some of the top health benefits these tropical fruits provide.
- Cancer Fighter – Antioxidants like quercetin, isoquercitrin, astragalin, fisetin, gallic acid and methylgallat present in mango protect the body against colon, breast, leukemia and prostate cancers.
- Cholesterol Combatant – The high levels of fiber, pectin and vitamin C help to lower serum cholesterol levels, specifically Low-Density Lipoprotein (the bad stuff).
- Body Alkalizer – Mango is rich in tartaric acid, malic acid, and traces of citric acid that primarily help in maintaining the alkali reserve of the body.
- Weight Loss Supporter – Mango has a lot of vitamins and nutrients that help the body feel fuller. Also, the fibrous fruit boosts the digestive function of the body by burning additional calories, helping in weight loss.
- X-ray Vision-Giver – Ok., not really, but mangos do have a high amount of vitamin A, which is instrumental in good eye health, in fact, just one cup of sliced mangoes equals 25% intake of your daily need of vitamin A.
- Digestive Supporter – Mango contains enzymes that help in breaking down protein. The fibrous nature of mango helps in digestion and elimination. It is is rich in pre-biotic dietary fibre, vitamins and minerals.
- Immune Booster – The generous amounts of vitamin C and vitamin A in mangos, plus 25 different kinds of carotenoids keep your immune system healthy and strong.
- Memory Aid – Studying for exams? This fruit is rich in glutamine acid– an important protein for concentration and memory.
- Iron Powerhouse – Mango is rich in iron, hence it is a great natural solution for people suffering from anemia.
- Heat Stroke Preventer – Juicing the fruit from green mango and mixing with water and a sweetener helps to cool down the body and prevent harm from overheating.
Nutritional information – One cup of mangoes (225 gms contain) contains the following percentages that apply to daily value.
- 105 calories
- 76 percent vitamin C (antioxidant and immune booster)
- 25 percent vitamin A (antioxidant and vision)
- 11 percent vitamin B6 plus other B vitamins (hormone production in brain and heart disease prevention)
- 9 percent healthy probiotic fiber
- 9 percent copper (copper is a co-factor for many vital enzymes plus production of red blood cells)
- 7 percent potassium (to balance out our high sodium intake)
- 4 percent magnesium